The couple should be residents at the hotel / resort at least four days prior to the day of the wedding.
The ceremony can take place at the hotel / resort premises between 08:00am and 06:00pm (except on public holidays).
No individuals under the age of 21 years are permitted to marry in Sri Lanka according to the rules and regulations of the Sri Lankan government.
Documents Required – 30 Days Prior To Arrival
- Birth certificates of the couple
- If divorced or widowed, relevant certificates
- Photocopies of passports
Ceremony Arrangements (inclusions)
- A traditionally decorated platform called the “Poruwa” on which the ceremony will be conducted
- A hire of a traditional Sri Lankan wedding dress for the bride
- Flower bouquet for the bride and the boutonniere for the bridegroom
- Floral decor for the ceremony area
- Girls dressed in traditional costumes will sing the “Jayamangala Gatha” to bless the couple
- A civil celebrant and the “Kapumahattaya” will bless the couple
- Traditional Kandyan drummers and dancers
- Wedding cake – 500 gms (edible)
- Wedding album consisting of 20 photographs – five by seven inches
- Sparkling wine to toast during the ceremony
- Free DVD system video coverage of the whole ceremony
- Sparkling honeymoon brunch will be served in the room for the couple
- A basket of fruits and flowers in the room occupied by the couple
- Manicure and pedicure at the wellness centre / spa for 45 minutes for the bride
- For dining, three exotic menus to choose from, or you are welcome to dine at the main restaurant – a bottle of house wine to be served during dinner on the wedding night. A table reservation will be made with the menu chosen and name cards of the couple placed on the table. Please speak to your master of ceremonies on arrival.
- Your personalised master of ceremonies will coordinate your ceremony
- Extra copies of photographs (five by seven inches) of the ceremony
- A 15 minute elephant ride for the couple
- Spa & body massage
- Tour of the hill country by car and accommodation in a colonial four-star hotel for one night on a half board basis, in a deluxe room
- Wedding ceremony in a Catholic church
The marriage certificate with English translation will be delivered to the couple within 14 working days.